- Language: Python
- Location: New York
- Company Description: Start-up Quant trading firm
- Position Type: Permanent
- Job Id: 1100
This is for a job at a rapidly expanding, well-funded, quant fund that is specializing in futures and fixed income markets. The culture here is based on curiosity, creativity, hard work, and well tested quantitative research.
The team members are astute, innovative and continuously hunting high-value insights (trading strategies) from both traditional market data and alternative date. There is a great deal of value based on individuals who are detail oriented and seek perfection in their work and want to continue to learn in a highly collaborative environment.
Currently looking for a highly motivated, talented and responsible Python Developer with a strong CS backbone and appetite for maths. No previous finance experience required, but those with significant experience working in the quantitative trading space are also welcome to apply.
- Solid hands-on coding experience ideally in Python (JVM language, Functional programmers, and C++ programmers are welcome to apply)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a proactive attitude to own issues and solve them
- Ability to work independently and a strong desire to automate and optimize
- Excellent team player and communication skills