- Location: New York
- Company Description: Quant Fund
- Job Id: 1134
An emerging proprietary trading start-up headed by the former head of trading from a top prop trading house, along with several top core engineer from big tech companies, and a hand full of dozen top grads from MIT, Harvard, Princeton, and Stanford.
The team are seeking to add a high performing Statistical to work in a newly formed research team The Team works on extremely large, noisy data sets with the task of extracting business useful information that is helping shape the current and future state of this start-up.
You will enjoy (with some training) increasing your knowledge around:
- Time-series Modelling/Prediction
- Hierarchical Modelling
- Statistical Model Development
- Bayesian Modelling.
Desired Skills and Experience
- PhD/DPhil in Statistics, Machine Learning, Comp Science or similar.
- Hands on coding skills in C++ or Python. It’s ok if you haven’t written production code, but should be willing to get your hands dirty.
- Ideally 2+ years experience